Month 18 project meeting in Prague sets the scene for eCAP preclinical and clinical studies
On 11-12 October, eCAP consortium partners gathered in Prague for a biannual progress meeting. Hosted by ABIMI, the meeting was dedicated to working out a detailed plan for the major milestones upcoming in the project: animal studies, manufacturing the first batch of eCAP1 capsule and launching the first-in-human clinical trials in France in 2024. In addition to preparations for the studies, eCAP will undergo its first project review in January 2024. Thus, periodic reporting is well underway for submission by end of the year.
The partners were happy to conclude that at month 18 of the 4-year project, a lot has been achieved since the consortium last met. To name a few:
- The battery prototype developed by Integer is ready for eCAP capsule.
- Tyndall National Institute and the Imagination Factory are finalising mechanical work in preparation of animal studies to be run on the preclinical platform of IHU.
- First iterations of the e-health platform have been developed by RDS.
- Clinical study protocol has been drawn up by IHU.
- Thorough training on regulatory matters has been conducted by EnteraSense and Betthera to maximise patient safety and accelerate eventual marketing approval process for the medical device.
In addition to the eCAP consortium partners, we were happy to have our new External Advisory Board member Théo Meyer present at the meeting. With expertise in electronic design and development of low power, secure and wirelessly connected devices, he will make an excellent addition to the Board and the eCAP team.
While the agenda was packed with important discussions, the partners found some time to enjoy the beauty of Prague and catch up informally. Nothing beats meeting in person!